Here is the list of supported notification types. Any notification can be posted in Slack, or sent in email:
Days off and Holidays
- Days off - notifies about vacations or sick days. Notifications are posted four business days in advance, or as soon as the information becomes available.
- Holidays - notifies about upcoming public holidays. Posts a notification one business day in advance.
- Report - posts individual user reports when they are published.
- Team Report - combined weekly report for all members of a team. Includes quick stats on each team member's working days, code commits, issue changes, and individual published reports. It is posted every Monday, along with the data from the previous week.
- Report missing - automated reminder for people who forgot to publish their weekly reports. Reports are expected to be published on Fridays or at the end of a work week (taking into account vacations, public holidays, and sick days). If a report wasn't published on time, a notification will be sent in the morning of the next day.
- No recent commits - notifies when a developer has not committed any code in more than three business days.
- Due date - notifies about active issues with upcoming due dates. Notifications are sent at 9 AM in the morning in the user's timezone.
- Issue updates - notifies about issues that are currently in progress and missing updates for more than three business days. Notifications are sent at 9 AM in the morning in the user's timezone.
- Issue in progress - checks that team members have exactly one issue in progress.
- Pending questions - notifies about questions in the issue comments that have remained unanswered for longer than one day.
- Birthdays - notifies about birthdays. Notifications are sent at 9 AM in the morning of the user's timezone.
- System Notifications - notifies about Teamplify configuration problems, for example, issues with integrations setup.